Saturday, 19 October 2013

Samples from the CQ Winter School at Wentworth Castle

I spent last weekend at Wentworth Castle near Barnsley at the Contemporary Quilt Group Winter School. I picked the workshop by Yvonne Brown in which we tried out a selection of mixed-media techniques for creating backgrounds for textiles.

See Yvonne's blog (http://yvonnedbrown.blogspot.co.uk) for pictures of us all at work.

Here are some quick snaps of my own samples, the last of which finally dried out two days after the workshop!

Here we have: (left) a design in synthetic felt, painted with acrylics; (right) crumpled tissue paper coloured with Procion dyes; (below) foil on Lutradur and Evolon.


These three use tissue paper, crumpled and glued onto muslin.


And these are based on cotton wool.


It was an enjoyable weekend, meeting other members of the group and I even found time to trudge round the deer park in the rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment