Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Working to a theme

I've been feeling slightly overwhelmed by all the quilting challenges. They all sound so interesting, but I only made two quilts last year and am unlikely to make more than 2 or 3 this year.

So I have decided to forget about most of the challenges and pick a theme to work to instead. By coincidence, this year's Contemporary Quilt Journal Quilt Project requires that the 12 monthly quilts reflect a theme. The size this year is 12" x 8" in landscape format and the theme must be chosen in advance and kept to throughout the year.

So I have chosen a theme, which is 'cityscapes'. I have signed up for the JQ Project and have started to gather images and to fill a small sketchbook. Here is my first sketchbook page, which (typically for me) is quite realistic but I hope to stretch myself and to explore a range of interpretations over the year.


View from the train, approaching Manchester Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment