For my first post of the year I thought I would show a picture of a small quilt that I made to give to my Dad for Christmas. It is pieced from fabric left over from my 2011 entry to Festival of Quilts (FoQ).
It is just 60 cm square and the centre is made of 15 cm squares. I learnt an important lesson making this - fleece backings and detailed machine quilting don't mix! So if I make another I will be keeping the quilting simple.
Looking back, I have realised that I never got round to posting a picture of the original quilt, so here it is.
The centre panel was made for the 'Rhythm and blues' challenge at Quilts and Embroidery 2011 (Uttoxeter). That meant including the guitar fabric, which (I have to admit) would not have been my first choice. Then I added the border before submitting it to FoQ. I think it looks better with the border, but I did struggle to get the quilt to hang straight...
2 lovely pieces Karen. Well done. I really must get back to blogging. You might just have inspired me to write a post in the next day or so.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you.
Ann