Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Journal Quilts for 2013

Under the 'rules', 2013's journal quilts had to be finished by midnight on 31 December. I'm pleased to say that I finished mine by Tuesday lunchtime (not at all at the last minute), and here is the full set:


Looking at them all together, their variety is what stands out for me. Apart from March and April's, no two are similar, although seven used sheer fabrics in different ways and three used fabric I had painted or printed using thickened dyes. 

For this year, I would like to produce a more coherent series, with a clear development throughout the year. The shape for 2014 is 8 inches square and there has to be a line connecting two of the sides.

Best Wishes for a Happy and Creative New Year!


1 comment:

  1. They are really varied and I would love to see them in the flesh so to speak. I think they look great. Well done Karen x

    ReplyDelete