Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Making progress ... slowly

I took a couple of days leave last week, but after going to a CQNW meeting and spending a day working out what to do with the river in my design, by Friday evening I had only transferred the design to fabric and was just starting to select fabric for the appliqué.

My progress over the weekend then went like this:


By the end of Saturday, I had got this far. The Minster and Lendal Tower were in place, as well as all the trees, bits of ground and other 'background' elements.


I spent more time on it on Sunday. By lunchtime I had the red building done and during the afternoon added the little yellow building with the tower. By teatime I was auditioning different fabrics for the river and opted for the green that I dyed at a recent workshop.


The arches on the left and bridge on the right were then followed by dragons heads and a tail. These are going to be dragon boats racing along the river. And that is how it still looks, further posts will follow when I find time to finish the appliqué (there will be waves on the river).

2 comments:

  1. Looks intrguing - looking forward to seeing how it progresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it has turned out really well Karen. It is great to see your design turn into a really nice piece.

    ReplyDelete