The last two weeks have been quite busy.
The publication I had been working on since March finally saw the light of day, so I was able to relax and enjoy my planned weekend in Coniston on a 2-day Ruskin Lace course. I was embarrassed to realise that I had not even looked at the pieces of lace I am working on for at least a year, but managed to pick up where I left off. I am particularly pleased to have finally finished off this 'pincushion' (not that I am planning to put pins in it).

Although high winds and rain were forecast, the weather wasn't that bad over the weekend.
Then on Monday I had my first evening class in drawing and painting. I thought that it would be helpful to my coursework if I put some effort into developing these skills. Our first lesson was a very gentle introduction: we played with charcoal and drew a bottle.

Finally I have now finished my contribution to the wildflower embroideries which my branch of the Embroiderers' Guild is putting together in time for our regional AGM in October. Here are my two squares.

The publication I had been working on since March finally saw the light of day, so I was able to relax and enjoy my planned weekend in Coniston on a 2-day Ruskin Lace course. I was embarrassed to realise that I had not even looked at the pieces of lace I am working on for at least a year, but managed to pick up where I left off. I am particularly pleased to have finally finished off this 'pincushion' (not that I am planning to put pins in it).
Although high winds and rain were forecast, the weather wasn't that bad over the weekend.
Then on Monday I had my first evening class in drawing and painting. I thought that it would be helpful to my coursework if I put some effort into developing these skills. Our first lesson was a very gentle introduction: we played with charcoal and drew a bottle.
Finally I have now finished my contribution to the wildflower embroideries which my branch of the Embroiderers' Guild is putting together in time for our regional AGM in October. Here are my two squares.
These will now join many more single-coloured squares which are to be sewn together in strips of up to 12 for display. It will be interesting to see how they look. 
No comments:
Post a Comment